We pray that you and your families are safe and well!
This is the official call for the “Application for Candidacy” for our Savannah State University National Alumni Association officers; 2024-2027 term. We will be accepting applications for the following offices: President, Vice President, Regional Vice Presidents (Eastern, Mid-Western, Northern, Southern and Western), Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, Financial Secretary and Chaplain.
All potential candidates must complete and present a candidate’s packet to the Chair of the Nominating Committee, Carolyn W. Price. The packet must include the following:
- A letter of Interest
- Biographical Information
- Completed Application
- Verification of Attendance at Annual Meetings
- Verification of participation in fundraisers
The completed packet must be received by September 30, 2023!
Please submit the candidate’s packet by visiting the website: SSUNAA.org. or SSUNAA, Carolyn W. Price, P. O. Box 22843, Savannah GA 31403.
For any questions, please contact Carolyn W. Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-308-0209.
Thank you for all you do for our beloved SSU and SSUNAA.
In Tiger Spirit,
Carolyn W. Price
Carolyn W. Price, Chair
Nominating Committee Members:
E. L. McGriffe
The qualifications for elected officers is listed in Article V of the Constitution and are listed below
for your convince.
Article V – Minimum Qualifications for Elected Officers
Section 1. To be eligible for an elected office, all candidates must meet the following qualification:
- Must be a member of a local chapter and/or the National Alumni Association for a period of two years prior to candidacy.
- Must have registered and attended one of the last two annual meetings prior to candidacy.
- Must have financially supported one of the last three National Fundraising efforts excluding the National Raffle.
- Must have served a minimum of two (2) years in a leadership role on a local, region or national level as an officer, committee chairman or committee member.
- Must complete the application for candidacy and present to the nominating committee by September 30th proceeding the election year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Regional Vice-Presidents (Eastern, Mid-Western, Northern, Southern and Western)
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
- Financial Secretary
It shall be the duty of the President to preside at all meetings of the Association; to enhance a due observance of the Constitution and By-Laws; to decide all questions of order; to offer for consideration all motions regularly made; to apportion duties which the Association or Executive Committee may deem necessary and to appoint all Committees not otherwise provided for elsewhere in the Constitution. The President shall have the power to call the Executive committee into special session and to resolve urgent business matters pertinent to the Association during a period of crisis.
The Vice-President shall preside at meetings in the absence of the President and perform such duties as may be assigned by the President.
The Regional Vice-President shall:
- serve as director of his/her respective region and coordinate programs in their respective regions;
- recommend regional appointments to the Executive Committee for approval;
- reactivate defunct chapters and charter new ones within his/her region;
- coordinate an annual region meeting in consultation with the National President and the Director of Alumni Relations;
- assist the National President and the Director of Alumni Relations in alumni field of service; and
- perform such duties as may be assigned by the National President.
The Recording Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of the Association, shall keep a record of the official membership roster and maintain a list of active chapters.
The Corresponding Secretary shall:
- Send correspondence on behalf of the Association as directed by the president.
- Maintain a file of all correspondence.
- Record minutes in the absence of the secretary.
The Financial Secretary shall receive and record all incoming funds and promptly receipt the same to the Association’s Treasurer.
The Treasurer shall:
- Receive all funds from the financial secretary and any member designated to collect funds on behalf of the Association.
- Promptly deposit all funds.
- Serve as custodian of all funds.
- Disburse funds with the approval of the President.
- Maintain an accurate account of all receipts and expenditures.
- Present annual reports to the Association.
- Serve as chairman of the Budget Committee.
The Chaplain shall:
- Serve as inspirational leader.
- Provide meditation and/or invocation for all meetings, workshops, forums and public events sponsored by the Association.
To be eligible for an elected office, all candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- The candidate must be a member of a local chapter and/or the National Alumni Association for a period of two years prior to candidacy
- The candidate must have been a member for FY 2021-2022 & 2022-2023.
- The candidate must have registered and attended one of the last two Annual Meetings prior to candidacy.
- The last two Annual Meetings are Virtual Meeting on May 07, 2022 and In-Person Meeting on May 06, 2023
- The candidate must have financially supported one of the last three National Fundraising efforts excluding the National Raffle. Please see the list of the National Fundraisers below:
- President Harold Washington: RETAIN 2023 (Current Fundraiser)
- President Harold Washington: Support the Band Program (Current Fundraiser)
- President Harold Washington: Support the Athletics Program (Current Fundraiser)
- President Harold Washington: Retain, Maintain, & Sustain SSUNAA 200K (2021)
- Past President Clyde A. Newton: $125,000 Anniversary Campaign
- The candidate must have served a minimum of two (2) years in a leadership role on a local, region or national level as an officer, committee chairman or committee member.
- The candidate must complete the application for candidacy and present to the nominating committee by September 30th proceeding the election year. Download the application packet.